SWAT Officer Qualification Prep Course
Course # SQPC.0205.2
Course Description: This 1-day firearms training course focuses on preparing SWAT test candidates for the Chicago Police Department's SWAT handgun qualification course.
A passing score of 80% is required to qualify. Each point over 80% contributes to your overall final score posted on the eligibility list.
The firearms qualification segment of the testing process equals 50% of each candidates overall final score!
This firearms training course will unlock the secrets on how to score 90% and higher for intermediate shooters and how to consistently score 100% for the advanced shooter.
Our experienced instructor staff has real world experience and national recognition for training thousands of law enforcement officers across the country and we are ready to serve you!
Let us help you maximize your shooting skill and potential!
Sign up today and let us help you become one of the top ranked candidates on the next SWAT eligibility list!
Class dates: TBA
- All classes will be held at a private indoor training facility - TBA.
- All classes will be limited to 10 students per class.
- Class slots will be filled on a first come basis.
- Only pre-paid slots will be reserved for students.
- Once a class is filled it will be marked as Closed (Full) on our main schedule.
- To register for a class, print a Class Registration Form and mail it to the address at the bottom of the form.
- Click here to view our Instructor Staff Professional Vita's.
- Visit TrainingReports.org to view class critiques about
Spartan Tactical firearms training classes from students across the country!
- Call (708) 990-4367 for additional information about our firearms training courses.
All students will receive a training manual covering our training methodology, qualification course of fire and a list of shooting drills performed in the class that can be practiced after the class is completed.
Spartan Tactical will provide all qualification targets for this class.
The following firearms training topics will be covered:
Firearms training safety rules review.
Mental conditioning and developing combat mindset.
- Enhanced tactical aptitude.
Refining shooting fundamentals and weapon manipulation..
Basic gun-handling skills vs. combat gun-handling skills
Refined presentation of the pistol from ready pistol.
Refined presentation of the pistol from the holster.
Time efficient reloading techniques.
Dry practice exercises and techniques.
Target distance and optical illusions.
Basic marksmanship vs. combat marksmanship.
- Balancing speed and accuracy.
- Progressive drills and multi-shot rhythm drills.
- Methodology of combat shooting the semi-automatic pistol.
Use of the flash sight picture vs. perfect sight alignment.
Understanding time elements used in courses of fire.
- Reducing stimulus / response time.
- Qualification course of fire / stages breakdown.
Shooting the CPD SWAT handgun qualification course of fire.
Course duration: 1 day (8 hours)
Course tuition: $ 125.00
(Daily tuition rates have been reduced for Chicago Police Officers)
Course student limit: 10 students per class
Student requirements: Firearms training equipment, eye protection, ear protection, baseball type cap, duty belt with holster and
magazine carriers (carriers must have flap covers), body armor, duty pistol with at least 3 hi-capacity magazines or 5 single-stack magazines.
(Body armor is mandatory for this firearms training course!)
Recommended equipment: Hydration system / water.
Be sure to review the equipment requirements prior to taking the actual test. If you do not have the correct equipment, you will not be allowed to take the test.
Ammunition requirements: 500 rounds (minimum)
(Ammunition orders available upon request)
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE 2013 TRAINING SCHEDULE
CLICK HERE FOR CLASS REGISTRATION