In September of 2004, DS Arms, Inc. selected Spartan Tactical Training Group, LLC as the official training company to create and build the DS Arms Law Enforcement Training Division.
Tasked with this mission, Spartan Tactical developed training programs to support operator, instructor and armorer programs for weapon platforms that were manufactured and imported into the U.S. by DS Arms, to include; the FAL SA58 .308 rifle series, ZM4 5.56 rifle series and Brugger & Thomet TP-9 9mm sub-machinegun series.
DS Arms LE Training Division operations commenced on January 3rd, 2005 and the division was officially announced to the public at the SHOT Show in mid-January, 2005.
From January 2005 thru November 2012, Spartan Tactical Training Group aggressively marketed and promoted the DS Arms product lines at various conferences, training events, expos and matches throughout the country, to include the following professional organizations and events:
- Action Target - Advanced LE Training Camp
- Alabama Tactical Officer's Association
- Association of Firearm & Toolmark Examiners
- Fort Benning 3-gun Challenge
- Illinois State Rifle Association Firearms Training Expo
- Illinois State Rifle Association Wounded Warrior Match
- Indiana SWAT Officer's Association
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- International Association of LE Firearms Instructors
- International LE Educators & Trainers Association
- Georgia Tactical Officer's Association
- Michigan Tactical Officer's Association
- Midwest Tactical Officer's Association
- National Law Enforcement Officer's Memorial Foundation
- National Tactical Officer's Association
- Police Training Institute Combat Challenge
- Texas Tactical Police Officer's Association
- U.S. Marine Corps Toys for Tots Combat Challenge
- World SWAT Challenge
- Wounded Warrior Junkyard Shootout Memorial Event
During this time, Spartan Tactical Training Group presented over 100 training programs on these weapon platforms to personnel from local, state and federal law enforcement agencies as well as foreign law enforcement & military personnel from various countries.
On December 1st, 2012, Spartan Tactical Training Group had to make a tough business decision, and officially announced that its progressive business ventures would be taking the company in a different business direction that, unfortunately, would not involve DS Arms.
Subsequent to this announcement, Spartan Tactical Training Group relinquished control of training division operations back to DSArms and resigned from its strategic partnership with DSArms effective January 1st, 2013.
While Spartan Tactical Training Group will no longer be “endorsing” DS Arms products officially, we will continue to use some of their products in our training programs and we hope that our business decision does not affect your consideration to do so as well.
Thanks for listening and stay safe.
John Krupa III
Master Firearms Instructor (ILETSB)
President / Director of Training
Spartan Tactical Training Group, LLC