3-day Pistol / Rifle Instructor Development
Course # PRID.1020.1
Michigan MCOLES Approved Course
(Approved by the Michigan Commission on LE Standards)
Pre-requisite: Student instructors seeking to attend this course must be a certified firearms instructor with current / valid instructor credentials and have at least 24 hours of certified firearms instructor training for the semi-automatic pistol phase.
For the rifle phase, students must have completed a basic rifle course demonstrating at least 16 hours of rifle training, at least 500 rounds of live-fire drills completed and a passing score on a standard drill test or basic rifle qualification course.
Course Description: This
comprehensive 3-day firearms training course focuses on enhancing instructional skills for firearms instructors that teach courses for the semi-automatic pistol and semi-automatic rifle.
Student instructors will learn technical skill building drills and instructional techniques that will enhance their instructor presentation skills and ability to troubleshoot and correct fundamental errors.
This is an excellent course for firearms instructors that are assigned to teach basic recruit academy curriculum, new / beginner shooters, remedial training sessions and in-service firearms training programs.
following firearms training topics will be covered:
training safety rules review.
- Establishing emergency medical action plans.
- Using the E.D.I.P. instructional method.
- Developing qualification courses and standard drill tests.
of personal defense.
conditioning and combat mindset.
- Enhancing tactical aptitude.
- Technical review
of shooting fundamentals - pistol / rifle.
of shooting the semi-automatic pistol
natural action stance - pistol / rifle.
- Basic gun-handling skills.
- Precision concentration drills.
- Basic marksmanship and target analysis.
- Combat marksmanship and target analysis.
- Pistol presentation
from ready pistol and the holster.
use and carry techniques.
trajectory and battlefield zeroing.
from low-ready, high
ready and indoor ready - rifle.
management - Emergency reloads, tactical reloads and speed reloads.
off the line of force.
assessment and area scanning.
target drills and engaging multiple threats.
assailant and body armor defeating drills.
- Mastering Sight Gear 1 - Perfect Sight Alignment.
- Mastering Sight Gear 2 - The Flash Sight Picture.
- Mastering Sight Gear 3 - Front Sight Proximity Shooting.
- Introduction to tactical speed shooting concepts.
- Understanding time elements used in courses of fire.
- Balancing speed and accuracy.
- Reducing stimulus / response time.
- Weapon retention issues.
- Pistol standard drill test and evaluation.
- Rifle standard drill test and evaluation.
(Tuition fee includes all range fees and use of loaner firearms)
Course student limit: 16
requirements: Note pad and pen, eye
protection, ear protection, baseball type cap, heavy pants belt with holster
and magazine carriers, personal defense pistol with at least 3
hi-capacity magazines or 5 single stack
magazines, AR-15 or M-4 type rifle with at least 3 magazines and sling. (Iron sights only for the rifle)
Recommended equipment: Rifle magazine carriers, rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, hydration system and water.
rounds handgun, 350 rounds rifle.
(Ammunition is available for purchase upon request)
Absolutely no reloaded or remanufactured ammunition!
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAINING SCHEDULE
CLICK HER FOR CLASS REGISTRATION